The White Papers
Feedback and comments are welcome on any of these papers. Send to email@example.com. Or call if you really need to tell us off.
Openesque white papers are like most white papers: they discuss a particular topic in some depth. And, like most white papers, they tend to be revised and updated only when people actually read them and provide feedback on them. At the very bottom of each, in small font, is a CVS tag with the revision date. You may want to check that if you're coming back to get a copy or refer a friend to one of these.
- What Openesque LLC is all about: our operating principles.
Pragmatic, not dogmatic. Simpler is better. Document. That's pretty
- BIND 9 without slaves
- How to set up a group of BIND 9 servers to synchronize zones (and
configurations) without using AXFR, by using
- Introduction to OpenSSH (and PuTTY)
- What's all this GPL stuff, anyhow?
- Openesque's take on the GPL, Richard Stallman, and "GNU/Linux."
- Sysadmin 101
- Assorted bits of wisdom on the art of system administration.
- E-mail and instant messaging
- How to use, and how to not use, these tools in a business environment.
- Group scheduling software
- Groupwise and friends: it seemed like a good idea at the time…
- Discussing assorted attempts to replace sound management with unsound technology.